- Cooking Time: 5
- Preparation Time: 30
- Spice mixture:
- 1 T granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 t kosher salt
- 1/2 t cayenne
- 1 t cinnamon
- 1/4 t allspice
- 1/4 t ground ginger
- 1/4 t nutmeg
- 1/4 t cumin
- 1 lb raw almonds (blanched is better, but keeping the skins on is OK)
- 3 T oil (peanut is best, canola is fine)
- 1/2 c granulated sugar
- Mix ingredients for spice mixture in a large bowl. Set aside
- Heat 3 T of oil over medium heat in a frying pan large enough to hold the nuts in a single layer.
- Add nuts and stir until they toast.
- Add 1/2 c granulated sugar to nuts and stir until sugar melts.
- Immediately pour the nuts into the spice mixture and stir.
- Spread out in a flat pan or on a piece of foil to cool.
NotesGood and quick. They also make a nice gift.
Sailstad Family Cookbook
Paul's Food World Volume 1
CustomFit Clean & TastySee More
Gluten Free Gingerbread Cupcake with Browned Butter Butter Cream Frosting
Cinnamon Blueberry Crumble
Mrs. Jackson’s Grits – “Selma”See More