- Cooking Time: 5
- Preparation Time: 30
- Spice mixture:
- 1 T granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 t kosher salt
- 1/2 t cayenne
- 1 t cinnamon
- 1/4 t allspice
- 1/4 t ground ginger
- 1/4 t nutmeg
- 1/4 t cumin
- 1 lb raw almonds (blanched is better, but keeping the skins on is OK)
- 3 T oil (peanut is best, canola is fine)
- 1/2 c granulated sugar
- Mix ingredients for spice mixture in a large bowl. Set aside
- Heat 3 T of oil over medium heat in a frying pan large enough to hold the nuts in a single layer.
- Add nuts and stir until they toast.
- Add 1/2 c granulated sugar to nuts and stir until sugar melts.
- Immediately pour the nuts into the spice mixture and stir.
- Spread out in a flat pan or on a piece of foil to cool.
NotesGood and quick. They also make a nice gift.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Simple Homemade Favorites
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome RecipesSee More
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownies
Peanut Butter Chocolate and Banana Chip Cookies
NO-BAKE CHEESECAKE PETIT FOURSSee More