- Cooking Time: 15
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 15
- 1 lb lean hamburger meat
- 1 pkg taco seasoning
- 1 can stewed tomatoes
- 1 small can green chilis
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 cup elbow macaroni
- Cheese Sauce:
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 2 tbsp flour
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Brown and drain hamburger meat.
- Stir in taco seasoning, tomatoes, chilis, beef broth, water, and macaroni.
- Heat to boiling, reduce heat and cover pan.
- Simmer 12-14 mins until macaroni is tender.
- Meanwhile, make the cheese sauce.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan. Whisk in the flour and cook, whisking for 5 minutes until fragrant and light brown in color.
- Whisk in the milk and bring to a boil. Whisk until smooth and thickened.
- Remove from heat and stir in the shredded cheddar cheese until melted.
- Add the salt and pepper to the cheese sauce.
- Pour the cheese sauce over the hamburger mixture. Stir gently to combine.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cooking with Sabra
Angel Acres Thanksgiving Dinner Cookbook!
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 2 Desserts and CakesSee More
Thigh and Drumstick Cacciatore
Grilled Chicken and Orange Skewers
Chocolate PavlovaSee More