- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 2-main dish 4-side dish
- Preparation Time:
- 1 medium sized spaghetti squash, halved lengthwise, seeds discarded
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- fine sea salt and freshly-cracked black pepper
- 3 shallots, thinly sliced
- 3 cloves of garlic, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red chile flakes
- 1/4 cup grated parmigiano-reggiano
- 2 tablespoons minced flat-leaf parsley
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Brush the cut sides of of the squash with one tablespoon of the oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper and place on the prepared baking sheet, cut sides up. Roast for 50 minutes, or until the flesh has begun to brown and has softened. Let cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining olive oil in a deep skillet over medium heat. Add the shallots, garlic and red pepper flakes. Cook until the shallots have softened, several minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Using a fork, scrape the flesh of the squash and transfer the strands to the skillet. Toss the spaghetti squash to coat it with the garlicky sauce. Top with grated cheese and parsley.
NotesThe Kitchen Sink
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
St.George YMCA-YWCA Before and After School Cookbook
Gluten-Free - Making do with what you got!
Second Grade Holiday CookbookSee More
Cashew Macadamia Crunch
IRISH CHOCOLATE ICE CREAM
Unstuffed CabbageSee More