- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 1- 2
- Preparation Time:
- Spicy Ahi Tuna with sweet chili soy and wilted sesame Bok-choy (yield 1 or 2 as appetizer)
- 1- 8oz. Ahi Tuna (or 6 oz) loin piece
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tbsp smoked paprika
- 2 tbsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp cumin (ground)
- 2 tbsp onion powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- cayenne pepper, to taste ***please note that all spices have to be equal parts execpt cayenne***
- 2 tbsp canola or vegetable oil for searing.
- 1. Mix all spices together including salt, pepper & cayenne.
- Pat dry the tuna and rub lightly with oil.
- Roll into spice mix and pat down so spices will adhere.
- 2. On a medium sautee pan, add 2 tbsp of oil and place on high heat.
- Allow the oil and pan to get really hot.
- Place tuna on pan and let it sit on each side for 10 to 15 seconds per side or until brown (not burned) on all sides, including the ends.
- 3. Remove from heat and allow it to rest for 1 minute.
- Slice thin.
- Center should be red and cool.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Koken met Oma
YummyMix.com's Blended Drink Recipes
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome RecipesSee More
Whey Bean Salad
Boo CupsSee More