SPICY AHI TUNA
- Servings: 1- 2
- Spicy Ahi Tuna with sweet chili soy and wilted sesame Bok-choy (yield 1 or 2 as appetizer)
- 1- 8oz. Ahi Tuna (or 6 oz) loin piece
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tbsp smoked paprika
- 2 tbsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp cumin (ground)
- 2 tbsp onion powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- cayenne pepper, to taste ***please note that all spices have to be equal parts execpt cayenne***
- 2 tbsp canola or vegetable oil for searing.
1. Mix all spices together including salt, pepper & cayenne.
Pat dry the tuna and rub lightly with oil.
Roll into spice mix and pat down so spices will adhere.
2. On a medium sautee pan, add 2 tbsp of oil and place on high heat.
Allow the oil and pan to get really hot.
Place tuna on pan and let it sit on each side for 10 to 15 seconds per side or until brown (not burned) on all sides, including the ends.
3. Remove from heat and allow it to rest for 1 minute.
Center should be red and cool.