- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6-8
- Preparation Time:
- 1 jar (14 ounces) spiced apple rings
- 6 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- Cool Whip (optional)
- Drain the apple rings, reserving 1 tablespoon syrup; set apple rings aside. Melt 2 tablespoons butter; add brown sugar and reserved syrup. Spread evenly in a greased 8-in. round baking pan; sprinkle with almonds. Top with apple rings; set aside. In a mixing bowl, beat egg, milk, vanilla and remaining butter.
- Combine flour, sugar and baking powder; add to egg mixture and mix well. Spoon over apple rings. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Let stand for 5 minutes. Run a knife around the edge of pan; invert cake onto a serving plate. Cool. Serve with Cool Whip if desired.
NotesSo pretty and delicious !!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
MetroCooking DC 2013
Short & Sweet
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.See More
Thigh and Drumstick Cacciatore
Grilled Chicken and Orange Skewers
Chocolate PavlovaSee More