- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6-8
- Preparation Time:
- 1 jar (14 ounces) spiced apple rings
- 6 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- Cool Whip (optional)
- Drain the apple rings, reserving 1 tablespoon syrup; set apple rings aside. Melt 2 tablespoons butter; add brown sugar and reserved syrup. Spread evenly in a greased 8-in. round baking pan; sprinkle with almonds. Top with apple rings; set aside. In a mixing bowl, beat egg, milk, vanilla and remaining butter.
- Combine flour, sugar and baking powder; add to egg mixture and mix well. Spoon over apple rings. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Let stand for 5 minutes. Run a knife around the edge of pan; invert cake onto a serving plate. Cool. Serve with Cool Whip if desired.
NotesSo pretty and delicious !!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
Italy or Bust
The Lizz Delicious Cookbook Vol. 1See More
Hungarian Beef Paprika
Fresh Tuna Tacos
RICH BLUEBERRY BARSSee More