- Cooking Time: 15
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 25 (not inc marinate)
- 1 pkg cellophane noodles
- 3 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 1 tbsp Japanese ponzu
- ½ tsp Sriracha sauce
- 1 tbsp warm water
- 4 tbsp soy sauce
- ½ tsp chili flakes
- 1 tsp cilantro, chopped
- 2 tsp green onion, sliced
- 1 tsp lime juice
- ½ teaspoon sesame oil
- 4 tbsp canola oil
- 2 tbsp ginger, chopped
- 2 tbsp garlic, chopped
- 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 flank steak
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 16 leaves bibb, butter or iceberg lettuce leaves
- 1 red pepper, seeded and julienne
- 1 carrot, julienne
- 3–4 green onions, sliced bias cut
- ½ cup shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 1 halved cucumber, deseeded & cut in strips
- Cook the cellophane noodles in boiling water until tender.
- Mix together the hoisin sauce, ponzu, Sriracha, and warm water.
- Make sure sauce is not too thick or too thin.
- Allow to sit so flavors will gel.
- Mix together the soy sauce, chili flakes, cilantro, green onion, lime juice and sesame oil and allow to sit.
- Mix together the canola oil, ginger, garlic, and rice wine vinegar.
- Marinate the flank steak in half the marinate mixture and the chicken in the other half.
- Grill the flank steak and chicken separately on a charcoal grill until done.
- Slice into julienne strips.
- Take one lettuce leaf and put a small amount of cellophane noodles on top.
- Add the chicken or beef strips (both if you would like), the peppers, carrots, green onion, shiitake mushroom, and cucumber.
- Top with hoisin sauce or the chili cilantro sauce.
- Serve on the side for dipping.
St.George YMCA-YWCA Before and After School Cookbook
Breads and Pastry 101
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or PartySee More
Gluten Free Gingerbread Cupcake with Browned Butter Butter Cream Frosting
Cinnamon Blueberry Crumble
Mrs. Jackson’s Grits – “Selma”See More