- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon (1 turn around the pan) wok or light colored oil
- 1 tablespoon hot chile oil
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 small to medium onion, thinly sliced
- 2 red bell peppers, seeded and thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons (2 turns around the pan in thin stream or 2 splashes) fish sauce
- 20 leaves fresh sweet basil, torn
- Cut chicken on an angle across the breast into thin strips. Cut strips across into bite size pieces. Set chicken aside. Wash hands and cutting board.
- Heat a wok, wok shaped skillet, or large nonstick skillet over high heat. When the pan smokes, add wok or light cooking oil, and hot chile oil. Sprinkle in crushed pepper flakes. Add chicken and stir fry 2 minutes. Add onions, red bell peppers, and garlic and stir-fry for 1 or 2 more minutes. Add fish sauce. Remove the pan from heat and add basil. Toss chicken dish until basil wilts.
NotesAnother RR thai dinner ;-) This one is basically drunken noodle with rice instead - it honestly tastes like thai takeout! Serve it over rice or noodles.
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law Libraries
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can Enjoy
The Best of GlutenFreeHappyTummy!See More
Black Raspberry Chip Ice Cream
Chicken with Asparagus and Pine Nuts
Bacon And Cabbage SoupSee More