- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon (1 turn around the pan) wok or light colored oil
- 1 tablespoon hot chile oil
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 small to medium onion, thinly sliced
- 2 red bell peppers, seeded and thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons (2 turns around the pan in thin stream or 2 splashes) fish sauce
- 20 leaves fresh sweet basil, torn
- Cut chicken on an angle across the breast into thin strips. Cut strips across into bite size pieces. Set chicken aside. Wash hands and cutting board.
- Heat a wok, wok shaped skillet, or large nonstick skillet over high heat. When the pan smokes, add wok or light cooking oil, and hot chile oil. Sprinkle in crushed pepper flakes. Add chicken and stir fry 2 minutes. Add onions, red bell peppers, and garlic and stir-fry for 1 or 2 more minutes. Add fish sauce. Remove the pan from heat and add basil. Toss chicken dish until basil wilts.
NotesAnother RR thai dinner ;-) This one is basically drunken noodle with rice instead - it honestly tastes like thai takeout! Serve it over rice or noodles.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
Gluten-Free and Delicious
Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid: 33 Bloggers Share GF Treats!See More
Almond or Oat Milk
Roasted Rack Of Lamb Persillade
Nathan M’s German Apple Pancakes, modified from Emeril's “There’s a Chef in My World” Cook bookSee More