- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- Dash pepper
- 1 19-ounce can beans in sauce
- 3 drops Tabasco sauce (3 to 4 drops)
- 12 taco shells
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup grated Cheddar cheese
- 2 tomatoes, cored and diced
- Shredded Ontario lettuce (in season)
- Sauté onion in butter in skillet until softened. Stir in garlic powder, cumin and pepper. Cook 2 minutes. Add beans and Tabasco sauce. Simmer uncovered 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Warm taco shells in oven, if desired, at 350 degrees F (180 degrees C) 5 minutes. Divide bean mixture equally amongst taco shells. Top with mushrooms, cheese, tomatoes and lettuce. Pita bread may be used instead of taco shells.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Watt's Cooking in PA?
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry 2013
The Italian ExchangeSee More
Blue Collar Beer Cheese Dip
Banana Bread Bars with Brown Butter FrostingSee More