- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3-1/2pounds whole chicken, cut-up
- 2cups buttermilk
- 1-1/2cups all-purpose flour
- 1teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1-teaspoon salt
- 1/2teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4cup canola oil
- Place chicken pieces in 1 layer in a 13X9-inch baking dish. Pour buttermilk over chicken. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate; let marinate for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. In a large, shallow bowl, mix flour, red pepper, salt and garlic powder. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until oil is hot.
- Lift a piece of chicken out of buttermilk and let excess buttermilk drain off. Dredge chicken in flour mixture. Place chicken in hot oil. Repeat with remaining chicken. Fry chicken until brown and crisp on all sides, about 8 to 10 minutes. Place chicken in 1 layer in a 13X9-inch baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, until chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear, about 30 to 45 minutes Will serve_6
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Breads and Pastry 101
Driscoll's Berry Desserts
MetroCooking DC 2013See More
Carmelized Banana Tart (Land O Lakes)
Betty Crocker Ooey Gooey Pumpkin Caramel Cupcakes
Chinese Chicken WingsSee More