- Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- Servings: 6-8
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, cut in 1/2
- 1 28 moz. can crushed tomatos
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon fresh chopped thyme leaves
- 2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 pounds calamari (squid), bodies thinly sliced and tentacles whole
- 6 slices sourdough bread
- parmesan cheese
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- garlic powder
- For the Croutons: Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Slice bread into 1 inch cubes.
- Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Toss to coat.
- Spread in a single layer on a baking sheet and bake until golden and crisp, about 5 minutes.
- Using a micrograter, grate parmesan cheese generously over hot croutons. Set aside.
- For the Calamari Stew: Warm the olive oil over medium heat in a medium pot. Add the garlic and let cook until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Remove the garlic.
- Add the tomatoes, stock, thyme, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper.
- Bring the mixture to a simmer.
- Add the calamari and stir to combine.
- Continue to cook until the mixture comes back up to a simmer, about 2 more minutes.
- Serve immediately with the croutons.
Growers' Giveback Potluck
HalFire: A Passion for HotWings!
A Gluten Free Christmas with Gluten Free MamaSee More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More