- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryThis recipe is from an old mini magazine by Betty Crocker called New Chicken Cookbook. The marinade smells so good I want to use it as a salsa or something.
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 1 1/2 lbs)
- Spicy Marinade:
- 4 medium green onions, sliced
- 2 jalapeno chilies, seeded and chopped
- 1/3 cup lemon juice (fresh is best)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme leave (I don't like thyme so I used basil instead)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Place marinade ingredients in a food processor or blender. Cover and process until smooth.
- Place chicken in a zip lock baggy. Pour marinade over chicken; turn chicken to coat. Seal baggy and refrigerate, turning occasionally, at least 30 minutes.
- Remove chicken from marinade; reserve marinade. Grill or bake chicken (350') brushing frequently with marinade until juice of chicken is no longer pink when centers of thickest pieces are cut (approx. 20 minutes). Discard any remaining marinade.