- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time: 5 mintues
BackstoryThis recipe is a result of a request and a discovery of a spicy chai latte mix that can be found at Trader Joes. Simple, and incredibly good! Moist but not too sweet. The perfect holiday dessert.
- 1 box yellow cake mix (I used a butter recipe yellow mix)
- 1 1/4 cups hot water
- 1 stick butter, room temperature
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup instant spicy chai latter mix
- Preheat the oven to 350'. Prepare your cake pan or cupcake tins.
- Mix together the hot water and spicy chai latte mix. Beat together the cake mix, latte/water mixture and butter. Add the eggs and beat on low speed for 30 seconds than turn the speed up to medium and continue beating for an additional 2 minutes. Pour into you pan or cupcake tin and bake as directed on the box:
- 2 - 8" rounds: 33-38 minutes
- 2 - 9" rounds: 28-33 minutes
- 24 cupcakes: 20-25 minutes
- bundt pan: 47-52 minutes
- Allow to cool completely before attempting to ice it. Ice with your favorite icing or look for my Spicy Chair Latte frostin