- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
Aioli (ay-OH-lee) is a garlic mayonnaise from the Provence region in France and a popular condiment there for meat and vegetables. It can be made in advance and refrigerated.
- 2 (1 1/2-ounce) slices whole wheat bread
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives
- 3 tablespoons low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large egg whites
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- To prepare cakes, place bread in a food processor; pulse 10 times or until coarse crumbs measure 1 cup (discard remaining breadcrumbs).
- Set breadcrumbs aside.
- Place chicken in food processor; pulse until ground.
- Combine chicken, chives, 3 tablespoons mayonnaise, seasoning, 1/4 teaspoon salt, egg whites, and breadcrumbs in a medium bowl; mix well (mixture will be wet).
- Divide mixture into 8 equal portions, shaping each into a 1/2-inch-thick patty.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add patties; cook 7 minutes on each side or until done.