- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small can diced jalapeno peppers
- 1 onion, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 cups canned chicken stock
- 1 Deli roasted chicken, about 3 pounds, boned, meat shredded
- Leaves from 1/2 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 pound Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 8-10 flour medium tortilla's
- To make filling: Heat a 2-count of olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the onion and cook until softened and caramelized, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook 1 minute more.
- Stir in the cumin and cook 1 minute.
- Then sprinkle on the flour and cook, stirring 1 more minute.
- Gradually pour in the stock, stirring constantly.
- Bring to a simmer, stirring to make sure the flour doesn't stick to the bottom of the pan; the liquid will thicken.
- Fold in the chicken, jalapeno's, and cilantro, and season well with salt and pepper.
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
Austin Personal Training Recipes
Vegan Glass Jar GoodiesSee More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More