SPICY CHICKEN ENCHILADAS FILLING
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small can diced jalapeno peppers
- 1 onion, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 cups canned chicken stock
- 1 Deli roasted chicken, about 3 pounds, boned, meat shredded
- Leaves from 1/2 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 pound Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 8-10 flour medium tortilla's
To make filling: Heat a 2-count of olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
Add the onion and cook until softened and caramelized, 5 to 7 minutes.
Add the garlic and cook 1 minute more.
Stir in the cumin and cook 1 minute.
Then sprinkle on the flour and cook, stirring 1 more minute.
Gradually pour in the stock, stirring constantly.
Bring to a simmer, stirring to make sure the flour doesn't stick to the bottom of the pan; the liquid will thicken.
Fold in the chicken, jalapeno's, and cilantro, and season well with salt and pepper.