- Cooking Time: 10
- Servings: 10-12
- Preparation Time: 15
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 6 chicken tenders
- 1/2 packet of Hidden Valley Spicy Ranch Seasoning
- 10 oz cream cheese
- 3/4 cup of sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- Remaining 1/2 packet of Hidden Valley Spicy Ranch Seasoning
- 1/2 cup Italian mix shredded cheese
- More shredded cheese for topping
- Add the oil to your oven-safe skillet and preheat it on stove-top, on medium heat.
- Coat the chicken tenders in the seasoning mix, evenly. Cook it on medium heat, flipping half way through, until golden brown and completely cooked.
- Take out the chicken and place it on the cutting board to cool down, so it can easily be handled.
- Beat the cream cheese, sour cream and mayo until evenly combined and smooth.
- Add the chopped green onions, cooked chopped chicken, shredded cheese and the remaining 1/2 packet of the ranch seasoning mix. Mix very well using a spatula, until all evenly combined.
- Preheat the oven to 375.
- Make sure that there is enough oil remaining in the skillet. If not, add about 1/2 more tablespoon and make sure that it's distributed all over the skillet and on the sides.
- Transfer the dip mixture into the skillet and spread it evenly. Top off with some more shredded cheese.
- Bake for about 20 minutes. If you want the cheese to be a little more golden, turn on the broiler for 50-60 seconds. (Make sure that your rack is not in the top position and if it is, broil for much less time.)
The secret to this mouth-watering dip is that the chicken is cooked in some of the seasoning to golden brown and then the remaining mix packet goes into the dip. The dip is mixed very well and then goes back into the same skillet that the chicken was just cooked in. This way, all the wonderful grilled chicken flavors go right back into the dip while it’s baking.
I do want to mention something for all of you who try to make substitutions. Be very careful when you try to substitute Greek yogurt for sour cream. As I mentioned before, it is not an equal substitute! Greek yogurt will not work here. It will give you a grainy, chalky texture and a sour taste.