- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- ngredients for chicken
- 3 tbsp fish sauce
- 6 large garlic cloves, crushed (or 3 tsp minced garlic)
- 1/2 tsp grated ginger
- 2 small birds eye chillis
- 4 tsp caster sugar
- 8 chicken thighs, boneless and trimmed of skin and fat
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- Black pepper
- Ingredients for salad
- 3 tbsp lime juice
- 3 tbsp caster sugar
- 2 cucumbers, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 200g vermicelli noodles
- 4 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp roasted unsalted cashew nuts, crushed
- Whisk fish sauce, pepper, garlic, ginger, chillies and sugar. Put chicken in a seperate bowl and pour over HALF the marinade (set aside the other half of the marinade for now). Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 20 mins.
- 2. With the remaining marinade, add the lime juice and sugar and stir till the sugar has dissolved - this will be the salad dressing. Set aside.
- 3. Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat, then fry the chicken (in two batches), cooking for 3 minutes on each side. To get really crispy chicken, put a large and heavy pot on top of the chicken to press it down to the frying pan. However make sure that you¡¯re doing this in a non-stick frying pan otherwise it¡¯ll stick horribly.
- 4. Pour boiling water over the noodles and leave for a few minutes or till soft. Drain and rinse under cold water, making sure to drain all excess water. Place the noodles in a large bowl and add the cucumber, spring onion, cherry tomatoes and cashews.
- 5. Add the dressing, toss well and serve sliced chicken on top