SPICY CHOCOLATE BROWNIES TOPPED WITH WINE WHIPPED CREAM
- Cooking Time: 30
- 4 oz Chocolate, unsweetened morsels
- 4 oz Chocolate, semi-sweet morsels
- 6 oz Butter, unsalted
- 1 3/4 c Sugar, granulated
- 7 Eggs - beaten
- 1 tbl Vanilla
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 tsp chipotle or cayenne, dry spice (you can instead use 1 tbl hot pepper sauce such as Tabasco.)
- 1/2 cup Walnuts,chopped (optional)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease baking pan. Warm chocolate with butter in a double boiler until completely melted. Remove chocolate from the heat and stir in sugar.
In a separate bowl, sift the flour and salt together.
Cool chocolate mixture slightly before adding in eggs two-at-a-time alternating with 1/3 of the sifted flour mixture. Alternate adding the eggs and the flour until all of each has been added. Mix well.
Finally, add in the vanilla, the spice and walnuts (optional). Combine well, but do not over mix.
Spread into the prepared pan and bake 30 minutes or until toothpick tests clean.
Cool completely before cutting into squares or triangles. Serve with a healthy topping of Port Cream.