- Cooking Time: 30
- Preparation Time:
- 4 oz Chocolate, unsweetened morsels
- 4 oz Chocolate, semi-sweet morsels
- 6 oz Butter, unsalted
- 1 3/4 c Sugar, granulated
- 7 Eggs - beaten
- 1 tbl Vanilla
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 tsp chipotle or cayenne, dry spice (you can instead use 1 tbl hot pepper sauce such as Tabasco.)
- 1/2 cup Walnuts,chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease baking pan. Warm chocolate with butter in a double boiler until completely melted. Remove chocolate from the heat and stir in sugar.
- In a separate bowl, sift the flour and salt together.
- Cool chocolate mixture slightly before adding in eggs two-at-a-time alternating with 1/3 of the sifted flour mixture. Alternate adding the eggs and the flour until all of each has been added. Mix well.
- Finally, add in the vanilla, the spice and walnuts (optional). Combine well, but do not over mix.
- Spread into the prepared pan and bake 30 minutes or until toothpick tests clean.
- Cool completely before cutting into squares or triangles. Serve with a healthy topping of Port Cream.
NotesSweet, dark brownies with a hint of spiciness topped with the incredible depth of a wine whipping cream. Luscious!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can Enjoy
YummyMix.com's Blended Drink Recipes
Taste of CenturyLinkSee More
Pineapple-Black Bean Enchiladas
Mascarpone Brownies With Honey Chocolate Sauce
Chicken RollupsSee More