- Cooking Time: 25
- Servings: 6-8
- Preparation Time: 5
- 1 large white onion, finely sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tsp. of smoked paprika
- 2 celery stalks, cut into fine slices
- 2 roman tomatoes, quartered and cut into chunks
- 1-16 oz. can pinto beans, drained
- Black pepper
- 4 cups chicken stock
- ½ lb. beef chorizo, torn into small chunks
- 2 tbsp. of olive oil
- In a medium stalk pot heat 1 tbsp. olive oil. When heated, add chorizo and fry until crisp; 2 to 4 minutes. Spoon out chorizo onto a paper towel lined plate. Set aside.
- Lower heat to medium; next add 1 tbsp. olive oil and heat. Now add chopped onion, chopped celery stalks; fry until tender, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Next add chopped garlic and smoked paprika; stir well, frying another 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add chopped tomatoes & stir well. Fry for another minute. Add beef stock and chorizo.
- Bring to a boil; turn heat down, simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add drained pinto beans; cook for 5 minutes.
- Serve warm, with some sour cream on top and sprinkled with chopped cilantro (optional)
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Cookbook to Defy Disease and Decay - Your Prescription to an Anti-Inflammatory Life
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake Recipe
$30 Wine+Food PairingsSee More
Soft Pumpkin Cookies with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
Hot 'n Beefy Stuffed Pepper
Ginger Peach Upside Down CakeSee More