- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/4 cups coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 5 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 1/4 tsp ground ancho chile powder
- 1 tbsp chipotle chili in adobo, minced
- 6 halves boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 lg poblano chiles, seeded, in 3/4" strips
- 3 lg red green &/or yellow peppers, in 3/4" strips
- 2 med onions (sweet or red) in 1/2" rounds
- 12 8" flour tortillas
- Optional Toppings:
- Salsa, Guacamole, Sour Cream, Chopped Cilantro, Sliced Green Onions, and chopped Serano Chiles
- Preheat Grill to medium high heat. Use wood chips if desired for smoky flavor.
- Puree first 6 ingredients in processor. Season marinade with salt and pepper as needed.
- Place chicken in 13 x 9 inch glass baking dish. Pour 1/3 cup marinade over chicken; turn to coat. Arrange Poblanos, bell peppers, and onions on large rimmed baking sheet. Pour 1/2 cup marinade over; turn to coat. Sprinkle chicken and vegetables with salt and pepper. Reserve remaining marinade.
- Grill chicken until cooked through. Grill vegetables until tender. Grill tortillas until charred, about 1 minute per side.
- Transfer chicken to cutting surface and slice crosswise into strips. Fill tortillas with chicken and vegetables; drizzle with reserved marinade.
- Serve with any Toppings desired.
- Serves: 6 (2 fajitas each)
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
The Social Cookbook
Adventures in CookingSee More
Prickly Pear Margarita
Creamy Candy Bar Dessert
Hector's HurricanesSee More