- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 5
BackstoryMadhur Jaffrey is one of my all-time favourite cooks- I've never tried a recipe of hers I did not absolutely love and adopt (FYI, I've only tried her veggies and legumes recipes and I veganize them when needed and never use as much oil as she does). This recipe comes from her Indian Cooking cookbook. It's a refreshing and crunchy recipe that accompanies well any indian dish. It is best when prepared just before you eat.
- 25 cm of cucumbers
- 1/3 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1/3 tsp ground, roasted cumin seeds
- 3 Tbsp of lemon juice (approx. 3/4 lemon)
- Peel the cucumber (I often leave the skin on) and cut in wedges. To do so, cut them in half, crosswise. Now cut each half into 4 sections, lengthwise.
- Arrange the wedges on a plate.
- Sprinkle the salt, cayenne pepper, black pepper, ground roasted cumin seeds, and lemon juice.
- Serve immediately.