- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 5
- 25 cm of cucumbers
- 1/3 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1/3 tsp ground, roasted cumin seeds
- 3 Tbsp of lemon juice (approx. 3/4 lemon)
- Peel the cucumber (I often leave the skin on) and cut in wedges. To do so, cut them in half, crosswise. Now cut each half into 4 sections, lengthwise.
- Arrange the wedges on a plate.
- Sprinkle the salt, cayenne pepper, black pepper, ground roasted cumin seeds, and lemon juice.
- Serve immediately.
NotesMadhur Jaffrey is one of my all-time favourite cooks- I've never tried a recipe of hers I did not absolutely love and adopt (FYI, I've only tried her veggies and legumes recipes and I veganize them when needed and never use as much oil as she does). This recipe comes from her Indian Cooking cookbook. It's a refreshing and crunchy recipe that accompanies well any indian dish. It is best when prepared just before you eat.
KITCHEN CAUCUS Conservative Creations
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
Angel Acres Christmas Dinner Cookbook!See More
Broccoli/Bacon/Onion Salad LOW CARB
High-Protein Honey Wheat Bread
Sticky Pecan & Prune Pre-Workout BarsSee More