- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 12 3 to 4 inch long pickling cucumbers
- 2 cups water
- 1 3/4 cups white vinegar
- 1 1/2 cups chopped fresh dill weed
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 8 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons coarse salt
- 1 tablespoon pickling spice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dill seed
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes, or to taste
- 4 sprigs fresh dill weed
- In a large bowl, combine the cucumbers, water, vinegar, chopped dill, sugar, garlic, salt, pickling spice, dill seed, and red pepper flakes. Stir, and let stand at room temperature for 2 hours, until the sugar and salt dissolve.
- Remove the cucumbers to three 1 1/2 pint wide mouth jars, placing 4 cucumbers into each jar. Ladle in the liquid from the bowl to cover. Place a sprig of fresh dill into each jar, and seal with lids. Refrigerate for 10 days before eating. Use within 1 month.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.
GAES PTO Recipes
Delicious Recipes Made EasySee More
Easy Chocolate Tart
Black Bean And Corn QuesadillasSee More