Spicy Dill Refrigerator Pickles
Why I Love This Recipe
Ingredients You'll Need
• 2 lbs. pickling cucumbers - 5-6 medium cukes (or more)
• 1 jalapeno pepper, quartered (or more)
• 2 cloves garlic, quartered (or more)
• 2 Tblsp. chopped fresh dill
• 1 1/2 tsp. whole black peppercorns
• 1 1/4 tsp. ground coriander
• 1 1/2 cups white vinegar
• 3/4 cup apple cider vinegar
• 3/4 cup water
• 1/4 cup kosher salt
• Wash cucumbers and slice lengthwise. Arrange in jars (3 pint or 1 quart + 1 pint or whatever you have)
• Divide jalapeno, garlic, dill, peppercorns and coriander between jars.
• In a medium saucepan bring vinegars, water and salt to a boil, stirring to dissolve most of the salt. Remove from heat (don't boil too long).
• Divide brine among jars, almost to the top. Screw on jar lids.
• Leave jars on kitchen counter for 3 days. After that, refrigerate.
• Will last several months in the fridge.
Questions, Comments & Reviews
More Great Recipes: Misc. Condiment