- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 eggplant, peeled and chopped
- 2 Tbsp salt
- 1 cup olive oil
- 3 slices white onion, diced small
- 4 cloves fresh garlic, peeled and minced
- 2 chili flakes
- 4 celery stalks, diced small
- 1 28-oz. can plum tomatoes, drained
- 2 Tbsp white sugar
- 1 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 cup pinenuts, roasted
- 1 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Salt and ground white pepper to taste
- In a colander sprinkle eggplant with salt and leave for 20 minutes.
- In a large sauté pan, add oil and cook eggplant until golden brown.
- When eggplant is brown, take out of the pan and add remaining oil and sauté onions until translucent.
- Add celery and cook for a further 2 to 3 minutes before adding in the tomatoes.
- Add the garlic and chili flakes and cook for 5 minutes.
- In a small pan, simmer the sugar and vinegar until the sugar has dissolved.
- Add this to the vegetable farce and place everything in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Let cool and add in fresh chopped parsley.
- Season to taste and serve.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Favourites from Ana's Romanian Kitchen
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can Enjoy
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.See More
Cancun Grilled Chicken Tacos with Citrus Chile Marinade
Perfect baked potatoSee More