- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 c. Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 1/2 c. grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 medium eggplants, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 4 eggs beaten with 3 T. water or olive oil
- 1 (28 oz.) jar of pasta sauce
- crushed red pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 c. (6 oz.) shredded Mozzarella cheese
- Preheat over to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, combine breadcrumbs and 1/2 c. Parmesan cheese.
- Dip each eggplant slice into egg mixture, then into breadcrumbs mixture.
- Place eggplant slices in a single layer on a lightly oiled baking sheet and bake about 25 minutes.
- Evenly spread 1 cup sauce in a 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- Place a layer of baked eggplant slices over sauce.
- Evenly spread 1 cup sauce over eggplant slices; sprinkle with 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese.
- Repeat layer.
- Bake, covered for about 45 minutes.
- Uncover and sprinkle with Mozzarella cheese. Bake 10 minutes or until cheese melts.
NotesMade with Restaurant-Style Spaghetti Sauce. Freezes well. Yum!
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
Simple Homemade Favorites
Nick's PicksSee More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More