- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 c. Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 1/2 c. grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 medium eggplants, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 4 eggs beaten with 3 T. water or olive oil
- 1 (28 oz.) jar of pasta sauce
- crushed red pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 c. (6 oz.) shredded Mozzarella cheese
- Preheat over to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, combine breadcrumbs and 1/2 c. Parmesan cheese.
- Dip each eggplant slice into egg mixture, then into breadcrumbs mixture.
- Place eggplant slices in a single layer on a lightly oiled baking sheet and bake about 25 minutes.
- Evenly spread 1 cup sauce in a 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- Place a layer of baked eggplant slices over sauce.
- Evenly spread 1 cup sauce over eggplant slices; sprinkle with 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese.
- Repeat layer.
- Bake, covered for about 45 minutes.
- Uncover and sprinkle with Mozzarella cheese. Bake 10 minutes or until cheese melts.
NotesMade with Restaurant-Style Spaghetti Sauce. Freezes well. Yum!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Favourites from Ana's Romanian Kitchen
Angel Acres Christmas Dinner Cookbook!
50 Shades of TasteSee More
Dad's favorite peanut brownies!See More