- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups Pitted and quartered Italian prune-plums, cooked until soft and cooled
- 1 cup Unsalted butter, softened
- 1 3/4 cup Granulated sugar
- 4 Eggs
- 3 cups Sifted flour
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp Ground nutmeg
- 2 tsp Baking soda
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1 cup Walnuts, finely chopped
- Prepare prune-plums and set aside. Butter and
- flour a 10-inch Bundt pan.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time, and continue to beat until mixture is very light.
- Sift flour with spices and soda. Add flour mixture to butter mixture in thirds, alternating with the milk. Beat only to incorporate the
- Stir in cooked prune-plums and walnuts.
- Turn into prepared pan and bake in a preheated 350-degree oven 1 hour, or until cake begins to shrink from sides of pan.
- Let cool in the pan 5 minutes before unmolding onto a rack. Let cool completely before frosting.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 2 Desserts and Cakes
Growers' Giveback Potluck
Food Travels Through ItalySee More
pistachio cranberry icebox cookies
Teeny Tiny Italian Meat-loaves
Mom's Holiday Stove Top StuffingSee More