- Cooking Time: 1-2 hours refrigeration
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
BackstoryI came up with this recipe after having a variation of it at a Central Mexico restaurant. It pairs nicely with rich, fatty fish such as salmon.
- 1 medium size jicama
- 1 medium size cucumber
- 1 medium size jalepeno pepper
- zest of 1 lime
- juice of 3 limes
- 1/4 cup (more or less) olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Peel jicama and julienne into thin strips (a mandolin works great for this)
- Julienne the cucumber into thin strips, with or without peel.
- Slice jalepeno pepper, horizontally, into VERY thin rounds
- Combine vegetables in a bowl
- Add lime zest, lime juice, olive oil and salt and pepper. Toss to mix.
- Refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
Jesuit Tampa - Between Practice and Homework
Breads and Breakfasts: Bakin' Without Eggs...or Dairy!
C'mon a my house! (Metric and American measurements for most recipes)See More
Teriyaki Turkey Sliders
Sweet Potato Black Bean Enchiladas
Anisette sponge cookiesSee More