- Cooking Time: 1-2 hours refrigeration
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- 1 medium size jicama
- 1 medium size cucumber
- 1 medium size jalepeno pepper
- zest of 1 lime
- juice of 3 limes
- 1/4 cup (more or less) olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Peel jicama and julienne into thin strips (a mandolin works great for this)
- Julienne the cucumber into thin strips, with or without peel.
- Slice jalepeno pepper, horizontally, into VERY thin rounds
- Combine vegetables in a bowl
- Add lime zest, lime juice, olive oil and salt and pepper. Toss to mix.
- Refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
NotesI came up with this recipe after having a variation of it at a Central Mexico restaurant. It pairs nicely with rich, fatty fish such as salmon.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Best of GlutenFreeHappyTummy!
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at Pesah
50 Shades of TasteSee More
Almond or Oat Milk
Roasted Rack Of Lamb Persillade
Nathan M’s German Apple Pancakes, modified from Emeril's “There’s a Chef in My World” Cook bookSee More