- Cooking Time: 25
- Servings: 2
- Preparation Time: 5
- ¼ C coconut cream (optional)
- 2tbsp red curry paste
- 1tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp Pam sugar
- 1C coconut milk
- 7oz fresh pineapple
- 10oz lobster tail meat
- 3 kaffir lime leaves - 2 roughly torn and 1 shredded
- 1tbsp tamarind puree
- 1C Thai sweet basil for garnish
- 1 large red chili, finely sliced for garnish
- 1 C Thai rice
- Put the rice on to cook.
- Put the coconut cream in a wok or saucepan and simmer over a medium heat for about 5 minutes, or until the cream separates and a layer of oil forms on the surface.
- Note: I usually just skip the coconut cream and use coconut milk and thicken it a bit more.
- Stir the cream if it stars to brown around the edges.
- Add the curry paste, sir well to combine and cook until fragrant.
- Add the fish sauce and sugar and stir to combine.
- Cook for 4 to 5 minutes, stirring constantly. The mixture should darken.
- Stir in the coconut milk and the pineapple.
- Simmer for 6 to 8 minutes to soften the pineapple.
- Add the lobster tail meat, lime leaves tamarind puree and basil leaves.
- Cook for another 5 to 6 minutes until the lobster is firm.
- Serve over rice with basil leaves and sliced chili on top.
C'mon a my house! (Metric and American measurements for most recipes)
Girl Scout Campfire Cookbook Troop 60252
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013See More
Broccoli Chicken Casserole
SLOW COOKER BBQ COUNTRY RIBS
TUNA PARFAIT ON JAPANESE SWEET POTATO TEMPURA AND TEMPURA GREEN ONIONS WITH SAKE SOY GLAZESee More