- Cooking Time: 25
- Servings: 2
- Preparation Time: 5
- ¼ C coconut cream (optional)
- 2tbsp red curry paste
- 1tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp Pam sugar
- 1C coconut milk
- 7oz fresh pineapple
- 10oz lobster tail meat
- 3 kaffir lime leaves - 2 roughly torn and 1 shredded
- 1tbsp tamarind puree
- 1C Thai sweet basil for garnish
- 1 large red chili, finely sliced for garnish
- 1 C Thai rice
- Put the rice on to cook.
- Put the coconut cream in a wok or saucepan and simmer over a medium heat for about 5 minutes, or until the cream separates and a layer of oil forms on the surface.
- Note: I usually just skip the coconut cream and use coconut milk and thicken it a bit more.
- Stir the cream if it stars to brown around the edges.
- Add the curry paste, sir well to combine and cook until fragrant.
- Add the fish sauce and sugar and stir to combine.
- Cook for 4 to 5 minutes, stirring constantly. The mixture should darken.
- Stir in the coconut milk and the pineapple.
- Simmer for 6 to 8 minutes to soften the pineapple.
- Add the lobster tail meat, lime leaves tamarind puree and basil leaves.
- Cook for another 5 to 6 minutes until the lobster is firm.
- Serve over rice with basil leaves and sliced chili on top.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Italy or Bust
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie Treats
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law LibrariesSee More
Surprise Birthday Cake
Citrus Pork Roast
Paula's Pecan ChickenSee More