- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 or 4 fresh poblano chiles
- whole onion in 1/4 inch strips
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/2 fresh serrano chile minced
- 2 large garlic cloves
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano (mexican)
- 6 oz dried penne
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 4 to 6 oz queso fresco, crumbled
- or use "Mexican Mix"
- Roast poblanos in fire until blisted and charred, transfer to plastic bag and seal 10 minutes.
- Peel or rub off skins and discard seeds ribs and stems. Cut into 1/4 inch strips.
- Cook onion with butter, add poblanos, serrano, garlic and oregano and cook until fragrant.
- Cook pasta until tener. Reserve 1/4 cup pasta water.
- Add pasta to chile mixture along with crema and pasta water.
- Cook on high heat until pasta is coated (1 minute) and stir in cheese.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie Challenge
My Family Cookbook
The Lizz Delicious Cookbook Vol. 1See More
Poblano Macaroni and Cheese
Betty Crocker Raspberry-Lemon Fruit Dip
The Barefoot Contessas Pan Fried Onion DipSee More