- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 or 4 fresh poblano chiles
- whole onion in 1/4 inch strips
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/2 fresh serrano chile minced
- 2 large garlic cloves
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano (mexican)
- 6 oz dried penne
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 4 to 6 oz queso fresco, crumbled
- or use "Mexican Mix"
- Roast poblanos in fire until blisted and charred, transfer to plastic bag and seal 10 minutes.
- Peel or rub off skins and discard seeds ribs and stems. Cut into 1/4 inch strips.
- Cook onion with butter, add poblanos, serrano, garlic and oregano and cook until fragrant.
- Cook pasta until tener. Reserve 1/4 cup pasta water.
- Add pasta to chile mixture along with crema and pasta water.
- Cook on high heat until pasta is coated (1 minute) and stir in cheese.
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skinSee More
Sauteed mushrooms with soybean paste
Lamb Loin Chops with Mushroom Marsala SauceSee More