- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 or 4 fresh poblano chiles
- whole onion in 1/4 inch strips
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/2 fresh serrano chile minced
- 2 large garlic cloves
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano (mexican)
- 6 oz dried penne
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 4 to 6 oz queso fresco, crumbled
- or use "Mexican Mix"
- Roast poblanos in fire until blisted and charred, transfer to plastic bag and seal 10 minutes.
- Peel or rub off skins and discard seeds ribs and stems. Cut into 1/4 inch strips.
- Cook onion with butter, add poblanos, serrano, garlic and oregano and cook until fragrant.
- Cook pasta until tener. Reserve 1/4 cup pasta water.
- Add pasta to chile mixture along with crema and pasta water.
- Cook on high heat until pasta is coated (1 minute) and stir in cheese.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013
Adventures in Cooking
NFPG Recipe CollectionSee More
Edamame and Radish Slaw
Lisa Lovegood's Butterbeer Cake
Rustic Whole Wheat Garlic & Herb PizzaSee More