- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 tsps ground cinnamon
- 2 tsps ground ginger
- 2 tsps ground cumin
- 2 tsps salt
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 cup cashews
- 1 cup cocktail nuts
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1/4 cup granular sugar substitute
- Preheat oven 225 F.
- In a small bowl, add first 6 ingredients and blend.
- In a large bowl, whisk egg whites until foamy.
- Whisk in spice mixture.
- Add nuts and sugar; toss to coat.
- Evenly divide nut mixture between 2 non stick baking sheets.(Use parchment sheets if not nonstick.)
- Spread nuts to evenly cover sheets.
- Bake 1 hour 5 minutes, until nuts are dry and toasted.
- Stir every 20 minutes.
NotesA few months ago I tried out the South Beach Diet and found a spicy nut mix recipe on the website. I just added my own touches to the mix. It is really delish!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
Baby Food: Baby's First Solid Foods
Special SmoothiesSee More
Salmon & Spinach Pesto Pasta
Antipasto for Kids (Gluten-Free)See More