SPICY PIZZA SAUCE
- Cooking Time: 25 minutes
- Servings: 2 1/2 cups
- Preparation Time: 5 minutes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- ½ cup white wine
- 4 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 (28 oz) can petite diced tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the onions and sauté until they are soft, about 4 minutes. Add the garlic and the wine; cook for an additional minute. Stir in the tomato paste, diced tomatoes, Italian seasoning, pepper flakes and black pepper. Reduce the heat and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until thickened. Stir in the vinegar; cool.
NotesI need a spicy sauce to go into a pizza braid. This is it.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Austin Personal Training Recipes
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!
Food Travels Through ItalySee More
Smitten Million Dollar Peanut Butter CookiesSee More