SPICY POTATO SALAD
- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 8c water
- 6 potatoes (3lbs)
- 3/4 c canned tomatillos, packed
- 1-2 canned chipotle peppers plus 1t adobo sauce
- 1T fresh lemon juice
- 1t brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 t salt
- 1T fresh cilantro
- 1/3 c diced celery
- 1. Bring water to boil in covered pot.
- 2. Meanwhile, peel the potatoes and cut them into 1" cubes. Cover with cool water until you are ready to cook them, so they won't turn brown. When the water boils, drain the potatoes, and carefully ease them into the boiling water. Cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes, until tender.
- 3. While the potatoes simmer, puree the tomatillos, chipotles, and adobo sauce, lemon juice, sugar , and salt in a blender. When the potatoes are cooked, drain them and quickly plunge into cold water to stop cooking. Drain again and place in serving bowl. Add tomatillo dressing and toss well. Stir in the cilatro and celery.
- 4. Serve warm or chill for 30 minutes before serving.
NotesMoosewood Restaurant New Classics
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Delicious Recipes Made Easy
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!
Delicious Breakfasts for Gluten-Free Kids!See More
Luscious Tropical Dream Cake
Ultimate Peanut Butter & Chocolate Banana SplitSee More