- Cooking Time: 30
- Servings: 18
- Preparation Time: 10
- 1 1/2 c. evaporated sugar cane (or granulated sugar)
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 c. fresh pumpkin puree
- 1/2 c. butter
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 tsp. pumpkin pie spice (or 1 tsp. ginger, 1/2 tsp. cloves, 2 tsp. cinnamon)
- 2 1/2 c. flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt.
- 1/2 c. brown sugar
- 6 Tbsp. butter
- 4 Tbsp. cream/milk
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice (or 1/4 tsp. ginger, 1/4 tsp. cloves, 1/2 tsp. cinnamon)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 c. powdered sugar
- Combine flour, baking soda, spices and salt.
- In a separate bowl, cream together butter and sugar.
- Beat in eggs, vanilla extract and pumpkin.
- Added the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and stir until well blended.
- Pour into a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375 for 15 – 20 minutes.
- While cake is baking, prepare the icing.
- Combine brown sugar, butter, milk and spices in a small saucepan.
- Stir until mixture starts to bubble, then remove from heat.
- Add in vanilla and powdered sugar and whisk until smooth.
- Pour on top of warm cake and let the icing set.
NotesEvery fall I start to crave all things pumpkin. The delicate moist pumpkin paired with cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves makes my taste buds happy and warm. But when I think about my favorite pumpkin recipes, it’s this one that always comes to mind. It may have something to do with nostalgia. My mom used to make these bars every year around Halloween. Growing up in the country, we didn’t trick-or-treat (our closest neighbor was a half mile away and we were surrounded by a corn field!), but we had an annual harvest party. We would light a large bonfire, snuggle up with some hot cocoa and eat these until we were sick. Ahh, childhood memories at their best. Now when I share these with my own family, my daughters are over the moon about these bars too.
Halloween Easy Eerie Edibles
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for Lunch
Desperate Housewives: Juicy Dishes & Saucy BitesSee More
Gluten Free Gingerbread Cupcake with Browned Butter Butter Cream Frosting
Cinnamon Blueberry Crumble
Mrs. Jackson’s Grits – “Selma”See More