- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/4 of cup water
- 3 Tablespoons of brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon of pumpkin pie spice
- 2 cups of pumpkin seeds (hulled)- Dash salt
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Then, combine water, the pumpkin pie spice, the brown sugar, and the salt in your choice of saucepan - medium sized is good.
- Simmer the mixture over low heat for about 10 minutes making sure you stir it until all the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Then, add your pumpkin seeds and cook them for about five minutes while stirring occasionally. You'll need to drain the seeds on a paper towel and then place them on a baking sheet.
- Finally, bake the seeds for 10 to 15 minutes, turning them over by stirring them a little. When the seeds turn crispy, you know they are ready.
- That's it! How easy is that? You can store the pumpkin seeds in an air tight plastic container until you are ready to use them. They are also very tasty right out of the oven.
- This recipe makes about 2 cups of spiced pumpkin seeds.
- For a variation, try substituting and equal measure of apple pie spice or a mixture of cinnamon, nutmeg and allspice with a dash of cloves instead of the pumpkin pie spice.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
KITCHEN CAUCUS Conservative Creations
Oliver & Grandson's Cajun and Southern Creations
Brownies: Baking Outside the BoxSee More
Peppermint Crumb Squares
Chicken with Green Olives
Festive Candied YamsSee More