Spicy Shrimp Cakes with Lime Crema
Spicy Shrimp Cakes
1 lb shrimp peeled, deveined, and boiled until pink
1/2 C finely chopped jared roasted red peppers
1 minced garlic clove
1/4 C thinly sliced green onions
3 T reduced-fat mayo
1 T fresh lime juice
1 1/2 tsp. hot sauce
1/2 tsp. sugar
1/4 tsp. salt
1 large egg
1/4 C finely chopped cilantro
1 C panko (Japanese breadcrumbs) divided
1/4 C sliced green onions
1/4 C chopped cilantro
3 T light mayo
3 T fat free sour cream (I used low fat)
1 tsp lime zest
1 1/2 tsp lime juice
1 garlic clove
1. Place shrimp in a food processor; pulse until finely chopped.
2. In a bowl mix the first 10 ingredients (through egg) and stir well.
Add in cilantro and 1/2 the panko.
3. Divide shrimp mixture into 6-10 portions, depending how large you want the cakes (I made 6).
They should be about 1/2 inch thick each. Dredge both sides of patties in the remaining 1/2 C of panko.
Chill at least 1 hour.
4. Heat a non stick skillet over medium heat. Add 4 T of olive oil.
Cook each patty on both sides, about 4 minutes each or until browned.
Place on paper towels and keep warm.
5. Place two patties on top of a bed of mixed greens dressed and tossed with honey mustard vinegrette.
Place a dollop of lime crema on top of each cake and serve.
Pairs Well With
I LOVED the lime crema sauce posted by Foodiebride and thought it would make a great topping for a shrimp cakes recipe I found in Cooking Light magazine. Here is my slightly modified, less light version of the shrimp cakes along with foodiebride's lime crema recipe.