- Cooking Time: 30
- Preparation Time:
- 2 yellow Squash
- 2 Zucchini
- 1 carrot
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 2 cups Ritz cracker crumbs
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 1 can mild green chilis
- 2 eggs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Chop squash, zucchini, and carrots into bite size pieces. Place in a saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil and simmer for 20 minutes.
- While vegetables are simmering melt 3 tablespoons butter in a skillet over medium low heat. Stir in onion and cook until translucent. Then add garlic and cook for another minute. Scrap onion and garlic mixture into a bowl and wipe skillet clean.
- Melt the last tablespoon of butter into the skillet. Pour 1 cup of the Ritz cracker crumbs into skillet. Cook briefly until golden in color. Scrape the crumbs onto a small plate and reserve them.
- Drain the vegetable mixture. Mash the vegetables just a bit.
- In a mixing bowl stir vegetables, cheese, can of green chili, onion mixture and the remaining cracker crumbs. Stir in eggs and salt and pepper mixture to taste
- Pour mixture into a greased baking dish. Scatter toasted cracker crumbs over top. Bake for 30 minutes.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry!
Angel Acres Super Scrumptious Cookie Recipes!See More
Mochi (sticky sweet rice cakes)
Thai Vegetable Stir Fry
Virgin Pomegranate and Cranberry BellinisSee More