- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2/3 - 3/4 cup Strawberry Coulis (recipe follows)
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flake
- dash of Worcestershire
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 1/2 cups Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream (recipe on BakeSpace or at http://www.jasonandshawnda.com/foodiebride/?p=385)
- Bring strawberry coulis, red pepper, Worcestershire, and honey to a simmer and cook uncovered for 5-10 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool a bit.
- Pour juice through a fine-mesh sieve to catch the red pepper flakes.
- Refrigerate the spicy coulis until cool and then fold into homemade ice cream before the ice cream has completely hardened. If the ice cream is hard, pop it in the microwave on "Defrost" for 10-12 seconds to loosen it up.
NotesThis is definitely not your grandma's ice cream!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry 2013
WorkingBug's Open House CookbookSee More
Rocky Road Ice CreamSee More