- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups chopped strawberries
- 1 cup sweet red wine
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger root
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 (3 inch) cinnamon stick
- 1 green chile pepper
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Soak the strawberries in red wine for 10 minutes, then transfer to a heavy saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat. As soon as it starts to boil, add the ginger, brown sugar, cinnamon stick, chile pepper, red pepper flakes, apple cider vinegar and salt. Boil over medium heat, stirring every 10 minutes, until the preserve thickens.
- Remove the chile pepper and cinnamon stick from the preserves. Ladle into clean 1/2 pint jars, wipe rims with a clean cloth or paper towel, and seal with new lids. Store in the refrigerator.
NotesRecipe didn't specify how many pints this makes.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
50 Shades of Taste
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie Challenge
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community CookbookSee More
Salmon & Spinach Pesto Pasta
Antipasto for Kids (Gluten-Free)See More