- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup uncooked white rice
- 4 large bell peppers, colors of your choice
- 1 1/2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 onion, diced
- garlic powder to taste
- salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- red pepper flakes, amount varies depending on how spicy you want it. I used about 1 tsp.
- 2 8 ounce cans tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1. In a medium saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add rice and stir.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- 2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- 3. Cut off tops of bell peppers. Remove seeds and white parts.
- Place bell peppers in medium saucepan with enough water to cover.
- Bring to a boil and cook for 10 minutes.
- Remove peppers from the water and set aside in a baking dish.
- 4. In a large saucepan over medium heat, brown the ground beef; drain.
- Return to heat and mix in onoin, cooked rice, garlic powder, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes.
- Pour in tomato sauce and mix thoroughly.
- Let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- 5. Spoon the meat mixture into bell peppers. Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes or until the mixture begins to turn golden brown.
- 6. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese over the top of each stuffed pepper.
- Return to the oven and bake until the cheese is lightly browned, about 5 to 10 minutes.
A Happy Life Cookbook : Recipes for a Healthy Life
Adventures in Cooking
Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid: 33 Bloggers Share GF Treats!See More
Righteous Indignation Raspberry-Nut Bars
Michigan Berry Pie
Warm Lentil & Pasta SoupSee More