- Cooking Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 cup tomato paste
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- 1/2 cup whiskey
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- In medium saucepan, heat oil on medium high heat. Add onions and saute until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, stirring to combine. Heat until bubbly. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered for one hour to one hour and fifteen minutes, or until mixture has thickened.
- If desired, puree barbeque sauce in blender until smooth.
NotesI had a slew of relatives over for the 4th of July weekend and I thought to myself "guinea pigs"! I've been wanting to concoct a barbeque sauce and I started throwing different things together. This one turned out pretty good!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
A Falcon Feast
Angel Acres Super Scrumptious Cookie Recipes!
Fun appetizers and snacksSee More
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownies
Peanut Butter Chocolate and Banana Chip Cookies
NO-BAKE CHEESECAKE PETIT FOURSSee More