- Cooking Time: 40
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 20
- • 2/3 cup hoisin sauce
- • 2 tablespoons finely grated orange zest
- • 1/4 to 1/2 cup Siracha hot-chile sauce, or other hot sauce
- • 1/4 cup honey
- • 1 teaspoon toasted-sesame oil
- • 4 1/2 pounds chicken wing drumettes, patted dry with paper towels
- • FOR THE DIPPING SAUCE
- • 2 teaspoons safflower oil
- • 3 garlic cloves, minced
- • 1/2 cup fresh orange juice (from about 2 oranges)
- • 2 tablespoons honey
- • 2 teaspoons hoisin sauce
- • 1/4 teaspoon salt (Optional; garnish with chopped Green Onions)
- 1. Make the wings: Whisk hoisin, orange zest, hot sauce, honey, and sesame oil in a large bowl. Refrigerate 1/2 cup marinade. Add wings to remaining marinade, and toss to coat. Cover, and refrigerate, tossing wings occasionally, for at least 2 hours (or overnight).
- 2. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Let wings stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Arrange on a rimmed baking sheet, and bake for 20 minutes, rotating sheet and brushing with half of reserved marinade halfway through. Increase oven temperature to 425 degrees. Bake wings, brushing with remaining marinade, until golden brown, about 20 minutes more.
- 3. Make the dipping sauce: Heat safflower oil and garlic in a small saucepan over medium heat for 30 seconds. Add orange juice, honey, hoisin, and salt, and cook for 2 minutes. Let cool.
- 4. Arrange wings on platter, sprinkle with scallions, and serve with sauce.
NotesHere's another chicken wing recipe but this one is truly top notch. These wings are for the more experienced palate.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
KITCHEN CAUCUS Liberal Helpings
KITCHEN CAUCUS Conservative Creations
Basic Blends: Healthy Juicing RecipesSee More
Zucchini Spice Cake with Lemon Sauce
Rob’s Sugar Cookies modified from allrecipes.com
Stromboli WrapsSee More