- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 6 pounds fresh red plums
- 22 ounces dried apricots
- 8 cups pineapple chunks
- 9 cups apple cider vinegar
- 2 pounds brown sugar
- 2 cups white sugar
- 2 4-ounce bottles pimento, chopped
- 4 tablespoons fresh ginger, minced
- 2 pounds honey
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- Peel plums, remove stones and cut into chunks.
- Combine plums with the rest of the ingredients in a large pan, and bring to a boil.
- Lower heat and simmer covered for 1½ hours.
- Smash any whole pieces of fruit that remain.
- Correct seasoning to taste.
- Pour into hot sterilized jars and seal at once.
- Makes 8 pints
NotesThis sauce is delicious over chicken or fish or shrimp.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Recipes for Vitality
NFPG Recipe Collection
Angel Acres Soup & Chili CookbookSee More
Steamed trout with ginger and spring onions
Buttery Pull-Apart Bread
Ham & Cheese Roll UpsSee More