- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 6 pounds fresh red plums
- 22 ounces dried apricots
- 8 cups pineapple chunks
- 9 cups apple cider vinegar
- 2 pounds brown sugar
- 2 cups white sugar
- 2 4-ounce bottles pimento, chopped
- 4 tablespoons fresh ginger, minced
- 2 pounds honey
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- Peel plums, remove stones and cut into chunks.
- Combine plums with the rest of the ingredients in a large pan, and bring to a boil.
- Lower heat and simmer covered for 1½ hours.
- Smash any whole pieces of fruit that remain.
- Correct seasoning to taste.
- Pour into hot sterilized jars and seal at once.
- Makes 8 pints
NotesThis sauce is delicious over chicken or fish or shrimp.
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.
The Help Cookbook: Food and Friendship
AMFC Clamily Cook BookSee More
Vanilla Caramel Nut Ice Cream Pudding (with salted caramel and hot chocolate sauce)
Candy Cane Fudge
Pancit PalabokSee More