- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 6 pounds fresh red plums
- 22 ounces dried apricots
- 8 cups pineapple chunks
- 9 cups apple cider vinegar
- 2 pounds brown sugar
- 2 cups white sugar
- 2 4-ounce bottles pimento, chopped
- 4 tablespoons fresh ginger, minced
- 2 pounds honey
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- Peel plums, remove stones and cut into chunks.
- Combine plums with the rest of the ingredients in a large pan, and bring to a boil.
- Lower heat and simmer covered for 1½ hours.
- Smash any whole pieces of fruit that remain.
- Correct seasoning to taste.
- Pour into hot sterilized jars and seal at once.
- Makes 8 pints
NotesThis sauce is delicious over chicken or fish or shrimp.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Short & Sweet
Angel Acres Christmas Dinner Cookbook!
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy FoodSee More
Peking Style Smoked Chicken
Quick and Spicy Tomato Soup
Grilled London BroilSee More