- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 med. ripe but firm tomato, cut into chunks
- 1 1/2 C. tomato juice, well chilled
- 1 C. cucumber (peeled, seeded and cut into chunks)
- 1 sm. clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tsp. jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped (or to taste)
- 1/4 tsp. ground cumin, or to taste
- 2 Tbs. fresh lime juice
- 4 ice cubes
- Garnish ideas:
- lime wedges
- cherry tomatoes
- cucumber spears
- Combine tomatoes, tomato juice, cucumber, garlic, jalapeno, cumin, lime juice and ice cubes in the jar of a blender. Process until mixture is pureed and smooth.
- Divide mixture between 2 tall tumblers. If desired, garnish tumblers with lime wedges, cherry tomatoes and/or cucumber spears.
NotesThis smooth is rich in antioxidants and is sure to quench your thirst on a hot summer day. For an extra special smoothie pluck a tomato and/or cucumber from your own garden.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Best of GlutenFreeHappyTummy!
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
The Real Deal Apple Recipes.See More
Raw “Vodka Sauce”
Memere's Chocolate Chip CookiesSee More