- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 med. ripe but firm tomato, cut into chunks
- 1 1/2 C. tomato juice, well chilled
- 1 C. cucumber (peeled, seeded and cut into chunks)
- 1 sm. clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tsp. jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped (or to taste)
- 1/4 tsp. ground cumin, or to taste
- 2 Tbs. fresh lime juice
- 4 ice cubes
- Garnish ideas:
- lime wedges
- cherry tomatoes
- cucumber spears
- Combine tomatoes, tomato juice, cucumber, garlic, jalapeno, cumin, lime juice and ice cubes in the jar of a blender. Process until mixture is pureed and smooth.
- Divide mixture between 2 tall tumblers. If desired, garnish tumblers with lime wedges, cherry tomatoes and/or cucumber spears.
NotesThis smooth is rich in antioxidants and is sure to quench your thirst on a hot summer day. For an extra special smoothie pluck a tomato and/or cucumber from your own garden.
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law Libraries
Oliver & Grandson's Cajun and Southern Creations
Taste of CenturyLinkSee More
Mama Mia ... Lentils Italian Style
Gabriola Clam Chowder
Gen's Vegetable Love PizzaSee More