- Cooking Time: none
- Servings: 1
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- 1 Can Chunk light tuna in water
- 1/2 tsp Toasted sesame oil
- Chopped red onion (your discretion)
- 1/2 Chopped avocado** (optional)
- 1/2 Carrot julienned or 1/4 Cup of Shredded carrots
- 1/4 Cup of diced green onions
- 1/4 Cup of julienned cucumbers
- 1 tbl Light Mayo or Smart Start Mayo (only 10 calories per serving)
- 1 tsp of Masago or Salmon roe (optional)
- 1/4 tsp Sriracha Chili (Asian hot sauce, depending on your threshold of heat use sparingly)
- Shredded Nori or 3 sheets of Nori julienned (dried seaweed)
- 1/4 of a Lime juice
- Instant Japanese Rice or 1/4 Cup Japonica* (sticky rice)
- Black sesame seeds (optional)
- Nanami Togarashi & Tarako Furikake (Japanese seasoning, optional) to taste.
- Squirt of Gourmet Garden Ginger Blend (tube of flavors in the produce section) or pickled ginger
- Soy Sauce or Ponzu
- **All ingredients can be found in the Asian section of your local supermarket or online**
- 1. In a a separate bowl add drained Tuna, mayo, chopped red onion, sriracha, masago, lime juice Nanami Togarashi & Tarako Furikake.
- 2. Microwave instant rice for 1 minute, or use Japonica read instructions*
- 3. Add rice to a high bowl, top with julienned carrots, cucumbers, green onions, avocados**, add tuna on top & nori.
- 4. Sprinkle sesame seeds, top with 1/2 tsp Masago, ginger & soy sauce.
- * Japonica sushi grade sticky rice requires A LOT of care. This is not like regular long grain rice so please keep your eye on it, try to find the instant version.
- ** To keep avocado from browning squeeze lime juice to it, it also adds tons of flavor to your sushi bowl
NotesI ALWAYS crave my FAVORITE sushi from my FAVORITE spot on Mondays, unfortunately they're closed on Mondays so I had to get REALLY creative to satisfy my urge. Although I know how to roll my own sushi my Ghetto Sushi Bowl takes 15 minutes & I get the equivalent of 4 sushi rolls.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
Oliver & Grandson's Cajun and Southern CreationsSee More
Corn Pocket Rolls
Krrispy's Beer Bacon BreadSee More