- Cooking Time: 38min
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 10min
- 2 tablespoons LAND O LAKES® Butter
- 2 pounds ground turkey
- 1 medium (1/2 cup) onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh garlic
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can whole tomatoes
- 1 (15-ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed, drained
- 1 (15 1/2-ounce) can white navy beans, rinsed, drained
- 1 (15-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (6-ounce) can tomato paste
- 2 to 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 medium green bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 ounces (1 cup) LAND O LAKES® Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- Melt butter in 4-quart saucepan until sizzling; add turkey, onion and garlic. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned (10 to 12 minutes).
- Reduce heat to medium. Stir in all remaining ingredients except green pepper and Cheddar cheese. Cover; cook, stirring occasionally, until heated through (25 to 35 minutes).
- Stir in green pepper. Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until green pepper is heated through (3 to 5 minutes).
- To serve, spoon chili into bowls; top each serving with 2 tablespoons cheese.
NotesYou can make this chili as spicy as you like - the combination of the amount of chili powder, cumin and hot pepper sauce provides the option to make this chili as spicy as you like.
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law Libraries
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew Judson
Sharing Christmas with FriendsSee More
GINGERBREAD(LAURA INGALLS WILDER)
Boneless Roast Turkey Breast With Blueberry Salsa
Perfect Easter HamSee More