- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Onions, chopped 3 cups
- Green bell peppers, chopped 1 1/2 cups
- Celery, chopped 1 cup
- Seasoning mix (recipe follows), divided about 1/2 cup
- Fresh garlic, minced 2 Tbsp.
- Balsamic vinegar 1/4 cup
- Worcestershire sauce 1/4 cup
- Evaporated skim milk 3 cups
- Fresh bread crumbs, unseasoned 2 1/2 cups
- Egg substitute 1 cup
- Ground turkey 3 1/2 lb.
- Preheat large skillet to 350F, about 4 minutes. Add onions, peppers, celery and 1/3 cup seasoning mix. Cook until vegetables start to soften, about 2 minutes.
- 2. Add garlic, vinegar and Worcestershire sauce. Cook, stirring occasionally to keep vegetables from sticking too hard, until all liquid evaporates, about 5 minutes. Stir in evaporated milk. Continue to cook until liquid comes to full boil. Remove from heat; let mixture cool to room temperature.
- 3. Transfer vegetable mixture to large bowl. Add remaining seasoning mix; combine thoroughly. Stir in bread crumbs and egg substitute. Add turkey. Gently stir until just combined; do not overmix. Press mixture into loaf pan. Bake at 300F until done, 40-45 minutes (internal temperature should be at least 165F).
- Seasoning mix
- Combine 2 Tbsp. salt, 2 Tbsp. sweet paprika, 1 Tbsp. dried sweet basil, 2 tsp. onion powder, 2 tsp. dry mustard, 2 tsp. ground cumin, 1 1/2 tsp. garlic powder, 1 1/2 tsp. black pepper, 1 tsp. white pepper, 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper and 1/2 tsp. ground allspice.
NotesWe used to make this at the restaurant quite often as it was well liked. You can try to scale the recipe down or freeze loaves for later use.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry 2013
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for Lunch
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day FeastSee More
Peking Style Smoked Chicken
Quick and Spicy Tomato Soup
Grilled London BroilSee More