- Cooking Time: 30
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 20
- 1 x packet Spice Mix Fajitas
- 1 x jar Jalapenos, drained
- 450ml hot chicken stock
- 240g cooked peeled Tiger prawns
- 225g easy cook long grain rice
- 4 skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 x can chopped tomatoes
- 1 x onion, chopped
- 1 x red and green pepper, deseeded and cubed
- 1tbsp sunflower oil
- A handful of chopped coriander
- 1.Heat the oil in a large pan; chuck in the chicken and onion, cook for 3-4 minutes until the chicken is lightly browned.
- 2.Throw in the rice and stir until coated in the oil, then add the Fajitas stirring until the ingredients are coated in the spices.
- 3.Add the tomatoes and stock. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 4.Throw in the peppers and cook, covered for a further 5 minutes, then stir in the prawns and jalapenos and cook for a further 5 minutes, until the rice is tender and most of the liquid has been absorbed.
NotesThis is a brilliantly simple recipe which can be made with fajitas for easy eating. It is also best made using fresh, juicy tiger prawns and a generous helping of jalapenos to give it that spicy kick - a real treat on a mid-week night.
Just Desserts - Top 20 from the Culinary Alchemy Blog
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and Appetisers
The Best of Brock: Celebrating 85 Years of CookingSee More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More