SPICY MEXICAN RICE WITH CHICKEN AND TIGER PRAWNS
Spicy mexican rice with chicken and tiger prawns
- Cooking Time: 30
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 20
- 1 x packet Spice Mix Fajitas
- 1 x jar Jalapenos, drained
- 450ml hot chicken stock
- 240g cooked peeled Tiger prawns
- 225g easy cook long grain rice
- 4 skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 x can chopped tomatoes
- 1 x onion, chopped
- 1 x red and green pepper, deseeded and cubed
- 1tbsp sunflower oil
- A handful of chopped coriander
1.Heat the oil in a large pan; chuck in the chicken and onion, cook for 3-4 minutes until the chicken is lightly browned.
2.Throw in the rice and stir until coated in the oil, then add the Fajitas stirring until the ingredients are coated in the spices.
3.Add the tomatoes and stock. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4.Throw in the peppers and cook, covered for a further 5 minutes, then stir in the prawns and jalapenos and cook for a further 5 minutes, until the rice is tender and most of the liquid has been absorbed.