- Cooking Time: 2 hours
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 20 min
- 2.5 lb of your favorite chicken parts
- Olive oil for the skillet
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons orange zests
- 4 tablespoons Chinese soy sauce
- 3 garlic cloves
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 finely chopped chilies
- 6 drops Tabasco sauce
- 5 sprigs fresh rosemary
- Mix the the ingredients in a bowl and rub the chicken with the marinade. Then place chicken and the remainder of the marinade in a plastic bag and let sit in the fridge for at least 90 minutes before you start cooking.
- Preheat the owen to 450F (225 C) degrees
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet on your stove top and sauté the chicken parts for a couple of minutes on each side until they get a nice golden surface. Remove from skillet and place in an casserole dish and roast the chicken in the oven for about 30 min at 450F (225 C) degrees.
- To make sure the chicken is ready, stick a knife in thickest part close to the bone. If there is blood in the meat juice, let it cook for a little longer, if not, it’s ready.
NotesSince we enjoy an abundance of oranges in Pantelleria, and they are readily available year around worldwide, let’s make a spicy orange marinade for chicken. This marinade also works excellent with pork chops for the barbecue.