- Cooking Time: 40 mins
- Servings: Many
- Preparation Time: 30 mins
BackstoryInvite this 8 legged friend to this years Halloween get together. You can pull off his legs and eat them like breadsticks or bake extra legs for dipping.
- 20 Rhodes™ Dinner Rolls or 12 Rhodes Texas™ Rolls, thawed but still cold
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- garlic salt
- marinara sauce
- small tube black gel frosting
- Combine 10 1/2 dinner rolls or 7 Texas rolls into a ball for the body and place on sprayed baking sheet. Shape 1 1/2 dinner rolls combined or 1 Texas roll into an oval and place next to the body for head. Cover with sprayed plastic wrap and let rise until double. Remove wrap and bake at 350°F 20-25 minutes. Remove from oven and place on cooling rack. While body is baking roll 8 dinner rolls or 4 Texas rolls cut in half into eight, 10-inch ropes for legs. Dip legs in melted butter and then in parmesan cheese. Place on a sprayed baking sheet in a tall, curved shape to resemble spider legs. Sprinkle with garlic salt. Cover with plastic wrap and let rise 30-45 minutes. Remove wrap and bake at 350°F 10-15 minutes. Remove from oven and place on cooling rack. Cut an X with a knife in 4 places along both sides of the cooled body on the top edge. Push one end of a cooled, curved leg into each of the X's. Cut a circle out of the top of the body and pull out the bread, leaving bread around the inserted legs to stabilize them. Line the dip bowl with plastic wrap if desired. Fill the dip bowl with marinara sauce for dipping. Use black frosting gel to squeeze two beady eyes onto cooled spider head. Use more rolls to make extra legs for dipping, if desired.