- Cooking Time: 0
- Servings: 20-25 Servings
- Preparation Time: 11
BackstoryOriganally this was for halloween but I just take out the spiders and the sour cream web and make it for all occasions. This makes a pretty good amount however EVERY TIME I make it, it is devoured before I can even taste it so feel free to double or triple the recipe I promise you it will be gone. This is definitely a fan favorite. I usually double the recipe and put it in a trifle dish so you can see all of the neat layers. Also feel free to add any ingredients you usually find in 7 layer dip but do not see here, I add or take away ingredients depending on who and what event I am making this for.
- Small Container of Sour Cream
- one block of softened Cream Cheese
- A package of Guacamole
- Mexican mix shredded cheese
- Pico de Gallo
- 1 package of Taco Seasoning
- Bean Dip
- Green Onions
- In a small bowl, mix cream cheese and 1/2 packet of taco seasoning with 3/4 of the sour cream (hold the rest of the sour cream to decorate). Set mixture aside.
- first spread the bean dip in the bottom of the dish
- followed by the shredded cheese
- then the pico
- then add the mixure to the dish
- top with guacamole.
- sprinkle green onions on top
- To decorate the top, spoon a medium sized dollop of sour cream in the center. This is the spider's "nest."
- Spoon the rest of the sour cream into an air-tight bag. Cut a very small piece out of 1 of the bottom corners of the bag and, starting at the outer edge of the dip, pipe a thin circle around the perimeter. Create another circle half way between the perimeter circle and the center dollop, creating 3 circles.
- Using a knife blade, toothpick or skewer, drag a thin line of the sour cream from the "nest" outward toward the edge of the dish. Continue making lines all around the "nest" to complete the spider web design.
- Embellish with plastic decorative spiders. Serve with a bowl of blue tortilla chips,