- Cooking Time: 0
- Servings: 20-25 Servings
- Preparation Time: 11
- Small Container of Sour Cream
- one block of softened Cream Cheese
- A package of Guacamole
- Mexican mix shredded cheese
- Pico de Gallo
- 1 package of Taco Seasoning
- Bean Dip
- Green Onions
- In a small bowl, mix cream cheese and 1/2 packet of taco seasoning with 3/4 of the sour cream (hold the rest of the sour cream to decorate). Set mixture aside.
- first spread the bean dip in the bottom of the dish
- followed by the shredded cheese
- then the pico
- then add the mixure to the dish
- top with guacamole.
- sprinkle green onions on top
- To decorate the top, spoon a medium sized dollop of sour cream in the center. This is the spider's "nest."
- Spoon the rest of the sour cream into an air-tight bag. Cut a very small piece out of 1 of the bottom corners of the bag and, starting at the outer edge of the dip, pipe a thin circle around the perimeter. Create another circle half way between the perimeter circle and the center dollop, creating 3 circles.
- Using a knife blade, toothpick or skewer, drag a thin line of the sour cream from the "nest" outward toward the edge of the dish. Continue making lines all around the "nest" to complete the spider web design.
- Embellish with plastic decorative spiders. Serve with a bowl of blue tortilla chips,
NotesOriganally this was for halloween but I just take out the spiders and the sour cream web and make it for all occasions. This makes a pretty good amount however EVERY TIME I make it, it is devoured before I can even taste it so feel free to double or triple the recipe I promise you it will be gone. This is definitely a fan favorite. I usually double the recipe and put it in a trifle dish so you can see all of the neat layers. Also feel free to add any ingredients you usually find in 7 layer dip but do not see here, I add or take away ingredients depending on who and what event I am making this for.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie Treats
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
Favourites from Ana's Romanian KitchenSee More
Steak with red onion relish
Merry Christmas CookiesSee More